Extend Your Roof’s Life With Proper Rooftop Ventilation
Make sure your Ottawa rooftop has the best change of lasting for ages by getting Kovar Roofing to install effective rooftop ventilation. Rooftop ventilation is a cost-effective way to prevent damage to your roof, lower power bills, and prevent ice dams in winter. No matter the season, rooftop ventilation is essential to maintain your Ottawa home.
The Importance Of Rooftop Ventilation in Ottawa
Don’t underestimate the importance of proper attic and roof ventilation! While you likely don’t spend too much of your time up there, proper attic ventilation is crucial to maintain and extend the life of your roof. Getting proper rooftop ventilation installed by professional roofing experts is an investment in your home and roof as it can help prevent much more costly repairs down the line.
At its base, rooftop ventilation does two things: it allows cool, fresh air to enter the attic at the eave or soffit areas of the roof while also exhausting hot, moist, air from the attic. This heat and moisture can cause serious problems for your roof and attic such as:
- Moisture which can damage the structure of your roof system
- Mold growing in the warm, moist, environment
- Prevent damage to your roof shingles by preventing them from overheating and prematurely age.
- Wasted energy from overheated attics which require more energy to cool in the summer
- Melting the snow on the roof and creating ice dams
Prevent these costly problems with Kovar Roofing, the Ottawa Roofing experts. We will install, repair, and replace your rooftop attic ventilation ensuring your roof will last longer.
Reasons Why to Hire Kovar Roofing For Your Rooftop Ventilation Install
At Kovar Roofing, we believe in doing the best work possible, no matter the job. That’s why we have the certifications, warranties, and testimonials to back up that our work, materials, and dedication is the very best. Each of our crew members is highly trained, experienced, and friendly. We are tidy with our work so when we are done the only evidence we were there is beautifully installed rooftop ventilation.
- Trusted and recommended by homeowners across Ottawa. Check out our reviews!
- High quality components guaranteed by Canada’s leading manufacturers.
- A written 10-year workmanship warranty for all work.
- No upfront payment required, satisfaction guaranteed.
- Hassle-free turnkey services at the most competitive prices.
- Accredited by BBB (Better Business Bureau).
- A trained, experienced, and amicable workforce that respects your property, your neighbours and privacy.
- All workers are covered by WSIB (Work Safety and Insurance Board).
- Liability insurance coverage of up to $5,000,000.
How does rooftop ventilation prevent ice dams?
Ice dams are build ups of ice on the eaves and sloped roofs of a building. Ice dams can cause serious damage to your home such as leads and damage to walls, ceilings, insulation, and other areas. Ice dams are caused when snow melts on a hot roof, and then freezes as ice. Rooftop ventilation protects against ice dams by preventing your attic from overheating. This means the snow will not melt on your roof and cause ice dams.
Is Kovar Roofing fully licensed and insured?
Yes we are. Kovar Roofing is a fully licensed and insured roofing company. We have liability insurance for up to $5,000,000 so you can know that you’re getting reliable, top-quality service.
How does proper ventilation help reduce my home cooling costs?
Unventilated attics get very hot – much hotter than elsewhere in your home. As a result, your cooling system has to work much harder to keep your home at a comfortable temperature for you and your family. Proper attic ventilation allows for the hot air to escape and cooler air to enter your attic space, meaning your air conditioning unit does not have to work as hard.
What causes mold in attics? How can proper ventilation prevent it?
Mold thrives in warm, moist environments where they have sufficient food sources i.e the wood in your attic. Unventilated attics provide the perfect such environment for mold to grow and become a real problem. Mold can get out of control when it is left to grow unsupervised, and many people go years without going into their attics. Proper ventilation helps prevent the buildup of warm, moist, air in your attic by cycling cool air from outside. This is a very important step in reducing the probability of a mold problem in your attic.