Ottawa’s Premiere Roof Leak Repair Service
A leak in your roof, no matter how small, is always a cause for concern. It is the sort of thing that needs to be repaired right away, before the problem gets worse. It’s also important to make sure that the people you hire to repair your roof can do the job properly, and for the right price. Kovar Roofing is Ottawa’s leading roofing contractor. We are fully licensed and insured and have been serving the Ottawa community for many years! If you have a leak in your roof, then don’t wait to get it fixed. Contact us today for a free quote for your roof repairs!
Don’t Delay Fixing a Roof Leak
A small roof leak might seem like a minor issue that can be ignored, but that couldn’t be further from the truth. Sure, a little bit of water doesn’t seem to be harmful, but when the leak begins to soak into the wood structures under your shingles, disaster is soon to follow. When a leaking roof weathers a heavy rainfall, and the wood gets soaked, it will begin to rot and lose its strength. This will cause that small leak to gradually grow and allow more water to seep into your home, causing the rot to spread. Before you know it, a large section of your roof will have collapsed and you have a much larger, and more expensive repair job on your hands. Don’t delay if you notice a roof leak in your home. Contact Kovar Roofing to take care it!
Reasons Why to Hire Kovar Roofing For your Install
We have the certifications, warranties and testimonials to prove that our work, materials and dedication is the very best. Every member of our crew is trained to be courteous and tidy, so after a full day of us working, you can return home with the knowledge that your home will be as you had left it.
- Trusted and recommended by homeowners across Ottawa. Read our reviews.
- High quality components guaranteed by Canada’s leading manufacturers.
- A written 10-year workmanship warranty for all work.
- No upfront payment required, satisfaction guaranteed.
- Hassle-free turnkey services at the most competitive prices.
- Accredited by BBB (Better Business Bureau).
- A trained, experienced, and amicable workforce that respects your property, your neighbours and privacy.
- All workers are covered by WSIB (Work Safety and Insurance Board).
- Liability insurance coverage of up to $5,000,000.
- We are Certified installers with Velux
How serious is a roof leak?
A roof leak is a very serious issue for a house, even if it seems really small. A leak will cause damage to your attic, causing the wood to grow mold and rot, leading to a roof collapse. If your home doesn’t have an attic, then your ceiling can become damaged. You’ll notice dark spots in the ceiling paint, or bubbles forming in ceiling plaster. If left alone, the damage will spread which will require more time, money and effort to fix.
Is a roof leak covered by insurance?
Many homeowner’s insurance policies cover the cost of repairs for a leaking roof. Before hiring a contractor, make sure to check with your insurance provider to see what is covered and what isn’t.
What are the most common causes of a roof leak?
The 4 most common causes of home roof leaks are:
- People: Human errors caused by people working on your roof such as dropped tools or improper installation of roof parts
- Seams: Seams in the roof around flashing, between overlapped water resistant membranes, chimneys and roof vents are the weakest points on a roof in terms of water protection. As the materials in these areas get older and more worn out, leaks can form.
- Neglect: Simply ignoring roof maintenance is an easy way to cause a roof to spring a leak. Maintenance services will spot problem areas before a leak can form and fix the issue before it is even a problem.
- Weather: Quite obviously, extreme weather can damage a roof and cause a leak to form. High winds can strip old shingles, hail can cause damage to shingles and roof decking, excess snow can cause cracks in a roof to form under its weight, and much more.
Does wet ceiling drywall need to be replaced?
Yes, it will need to be replaced. When drywall gets wet, its structural integrity becomes compromised, causing a safety risk for the inhabitants of the home. There is also the matter of ugly stains which can’t be removed from the drywall.
Schedule your meeting. Call us: (613) 799-1704
Mon-Fri 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM