Ottawa’s Premiere Eavestrough Experts
Eavestroughs, also known as gutters, are a crucial component of any roof system. Their primary goal is to divert water away from the home. When rain falls on your roof, that water has to go somewhere. Without eavestroughs to guide the water to a place where it can drain away, gravity will simply take it right off the roof and on to the ground surrounding your home. This can cause all sorts of issues and damage to the home that can be very costly to fix.
Gutters protect the foundation of your home, the exterior walls and any landscaping that exists beside them. A house without a properly installed eavestrough drainage system is more likely to:
- Have soil erosion around the house making any landscaping look shabby.
- Have dead plants in gardens surrounding the house due to overwatering.
- Experience flooding in the basement
- Have damaged exterior paint and stained exterior walls
- Experience mold and mildew growth on the exterior walls and foundation walls in the basement.
That’s why having your eavestroughs inspected regularly, and repaired or replaced as needed is important for the overall maintenance of your home.
Eavestrough Installation & Repair for Whole Home Protection
At Kovar Roofing, we are experts at eavestrough repairs and installation. When working on eavestroughs, we look at all of the angles to ensure that the right gutters for your home are used, are installed properly and in full working order, and that any water on your roof drains away from the home so the foundation, exterior walls, and landscaping are all protected.
If you think you may have an issue with your eavestroughs, know you have an issue that needs to be fixed, or are looking to replace the eavestroughs on your home, then contact us! We would be happy to help you get your gutters in top shape so you can rest easy knowing that your home is well protected from the rain and melting snow that is on your roof.
Reasons Why to Hire Kovar Roofing For your Install
We have the certifications, warranties and testimonials to prove that our work, materials and dedication is the very best. Every member of our crew is trained to be courteous and tidy, so after a full day of us working, you can return home with the knowledge that your home will be as you had left it.
- Trusted and recommended by homeowners across Ottawa. Read our reviews.
- High quality components guaranteed by Canada’s leading manufacturers.
- A written 10-year workmanship warranty for all work.
- No upfront payment required, satisfaction guaranteed.
- Hassle-free turnkey services at the most competitive prices.
- Accredited by BBB (Better Business Bureau).
- A trained, experienced, and amicable workforce that respects your property, your neighbours and privacy.
- All workers are covered by WSIB (Work Safety and Insurance Board).
- Liability insurance coverage of up to $5,000,000.
- We are Certified installers with Velux
Should gutter downspouts touch the ground?
This depends on the area where the downspout is directing water to. If the ground around the end of the downspout has a good slope away from the home’s foundation, then the endpoint of the downspout can sit slightly off the ground at the side of the house. If there is not a good slope, then the downspout will need to be extended at least five feet away from the home to keep the water from infiltrating your basement. In this case, the extension will sit on the ground.
How often should gutters be cleaned?
In general, you should clean your gutters at least twice a year. If you have large trees close to your home with foliage that can fall off during the summer, such as pine trees, then you may want to consider cleaning them more frequently to prevent the gutters from becoming clogged.
If my gutters have guards, do I still need to clean my gutters?
Yes, you will. Gutter guards are great for keeping foliage out of the gutters themselves, but that foliage will still need to be cleaned away. Gutter guards make cleaning your gutters much easier, but if they aren’t cleaned at least once a year, then the foliage will build up on the guards, and they won’t function as well, even allowing some debris to end up in your gutters.
Schedule your meeting. Call us: (613) 799-1704
Mon-Fri 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM